Turmeric Fingers (Curcuma longa) are native to Asia and India. The tuberous rhizomes or underground stems of turmeric have been used from antiquity as condiments, a dye and as an aromatic stimulant in several medicines. Turmeric is very important spice in India, which produces nearly entire whole world’s crop and consumes 80% of it. India is by far the largest producer and exporter of turmeric in the world. Turmeric occupies about 6% of the total area under spices and condiments in India. Andhra Pradesh is the major Turmeric producing state in India.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Nutrient Database, one tablespoon (tbsp) of turmeric powder contains:
- 29 calories
- 0.91 grams (g) of protein
- 0.31 g of fat
- 6.31 g of carbohydrates
- 2.1 g of fiber
- 0.3 g of sugar
That same 1-tbsp serving provides:
- 26 percent of daily manganese needs
- 16 percent of daily iron
- 5 percent of daily potassium
- 3 percent of daily vitamin C
Usage and Benefits
Turmeric is used to flavour and to colour foodstuffs. It is a principal ingredient in curry powder. Turmeric oleoresin is used in brine pickles and to some extent in mayonnaise and relish formulations, non-alcoholic beverages, gelatins, butter and cheese etc. The colour curcumin extracted from turmeric is used as a colourant. Turmeric is also used as a dye in textile industry. It is used in the preparation of medicinal oils, ointments and poultice. It is stomachic, carminative, tonic, blood purifier and an antiseptic. It is used in cosmetics. The aqueous extracts has biopesticidal properties.
You can also check out our Ash Gourd Here.
- Turmeric Provides Relief from Arthritic Pain.
- Turmeric Is Good For Brain functionality.
- Turmeric Aids In Digestion.
- Turmeric Has Healing Properties.
- Turmeric Helps Boost Immunity.
- Turmeric Helps Your Liver Detox, thinning the blood and reduces the risk of getting cancer.
Cartoon / New Jute Gunny Bags / As per the client requirement.
Prompt Delivery. 15 days from the signing of sales contract.
Payment Terms & Details
1)100% Advance T/T
2) 40% Advance and balance 60 % Confirmed LC at sight.
3) 40% Advance and 60% against scan copy of B/L after dispatching.
FOB- Krishnapatnam Port/ Chennai port /, CIF , CNF, Ex works
Through out the year
Minimum Order Quantity
25 Metric Tones (1×40 FT Container).
Samples are free provided DHL/ FEDEX Delivery fee and taxes paid by the buyer.